Thursday, April 29, 2010

mila challenges for scott.

[Stormbreaker] Mila had found herself a spot on the couch of the common room. The place was quiet - not even many kin about. The bar below had just enough people in it to drive her crazy this evening. The quiet, is what she was looking for; or at least a little peace for awhile.

The dark haired woman sat barefoot and crosslegged on that couch, strumming away on her guitar as she sang her heart out. Her voice was warm and alto. Currently, her eyes were closed.. apparently lost in what she was doing.

"You've been singing, that same old song
Far too long, far too long
Say you'll buy me a shiny ring
But your words don't mean a thing
No more calling me baby
No more loving like crazy..."

[Stormbreaker] {Sing it girl..}
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 1, 1, 6, 7, 7, 10 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Stormbreaker] {Try again Kasheeno.. I love you}
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 5, 5, 7, 8, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Wyrmbreaker] Midway through her song, the Galliard gains an audience. Setting a crowned rack of lamb down on the coffee table, a glass of red wine beside it, the Fostern of her tribe sits across from her quietly. He doesn't interrupt her until she's finished, instead taking up his steak knife and sawing expertly into his dinner.

[Stormbreaker] "Til' you take me down (take me down), You better take me down (take me down),Take me down to the little white church, me down (take me down), Take me down (take me down), Take me down to the little white church,Take me down...

You can't ride this gravy train, Anymore, anyway, There's a price for keeping me
I might be cheap, but I ain't free, Now more calling me baby, No more loving like crazy!" It was only then as she was about to sing the chorus again that she glanced up. A light smile touched her darkly hued lips.. and Mila let the song trail off - she wasn't sure if he was there to listen, or to talk. But, if it was to talk, she wasn't gonna make him wait.

"Hey."

[Wyrmbreaker] By the time Stormbreaker's song is done, five or six ribs have been cut loose from the crowned rack. Wyrmbreaker sits back, plate on his lap, one ankle crossed over the opposite knee as he enjoys his dinner and the impromptu performance of the Galliard.

She finishes, then, and mutes her guitar strings with her fingers. He tears the last shreds of meat off his lamb rib and drops the delicate arch of bone on his plate.

"Hey," he replies, smiling faintly. If she expected him to be angry after the events of the moot, he doesn't seem to be. "Do you want to talk about Scott Cristos?"

[Stormbreaker] The guitar she carefully set aside. It was a nice one, dark wood with intricate inlays in some girlish pattern. She shifted slightly in her chair, so she sat a little more properly.

"I would, actually.. " She wasn't sure how this would all go. She'd clearly gotten it wrong once, so.. for now, she'd let him take the lead.

[Wyrmbreaker] "Tell me why you want to claim him," Lukas invites. "Is this a claim of guardianship or mateship?"

[Stormbreaker] "Mateship, -rhya." She paused a moment before continuing on. "He's smart, clever and devious, all at the same time. He is bold and doesn't shy away from anything, even me when the rage starts to get the best of me. He treats me well, has promised to be faitful in all things, and should we have children one day, his breeding is clear." She almost added 'our babies would be pretty..' but.. at the last minute decided against it.

"And, most importantly, I love him.. and he loves me."

[Wyrmbreaker] While Mila speaks of her reasons, Lukas watches her carefully. He seems to pay more attention to the way she looks, the way she speaks, than to the words coming out of her mouth. His eyes, as pale a blue as arctic ice, flick over her face: from eye to eye to cheek to mouth to ear to eye again.

When she's finished, he's finishing too: stripping another lamb rib clear of meat. There are no forks or spoons on Lukas's plate. Just a knife, and his fingers. He eats with a sort of casual, savage finesse, his teeth employed just so. Another bone drops to the plate, and he takes a sip of wine, leaving a smudge of grease on the glass.

"Does he have any Garou relations?"

[Stormbreaker] Mila was clearly thoughtful as she spoke of him.. and a few of the things made her smile widen even more. The young woman thought highly of him, that much was clear.

"Yes, he does. His father, and all three of his siblings.."

[Wyrmbreaker] "And his father's rank?"

[Stormbreaker] "He's an Athro.." Yup, Mila had done her homework. She'd actually spent the time getting to know him enough to confidently procude the answers.

[Wyrmbreaker] Wyrmbreaker makes a low sound -- something like an oof -- and gives the Cliath a wry look.

"I can't accept this challenge," he says. "I am Scott Cristos' guardian in this city, responsible for his welfare, but his blood holds the true claim over him. What you're asking for is not merely guardianship but total claim to this kin. I don't have the right to decide that while his blood-kin are living.

"You, on the other hand, don't even have the right to honorably challenge his father for his hand. His father is an Athro, which puts him out of your reach. It's also possible that a Garou of his father's stature would have intended that his son mate with a mightier Lord than you.

"Here's my suggestion to you. Take your petition to Cristos' father. Explain your devotion to his son and ask for the opportunity to prove your worth. If you're lucky, he might overlook your low standing and invite you to challenge, rank difference notwithstanding. If you're not, he'll turn you away, and your only honorable recourse would be to forsake Scott Cristos until you yourself are an Adren, and therefore worthy to challenge an Athro.

"Do you understand?"

[Stormbreaker] Until she was an Adren? Really? That was gonna be like.. forever! Gaining any rank at all in the near future seemed like a very remote possability. Especially with with recent events.. she might even be losing what she already had. A quiet sigh escaped.

"Very well. When this war is over, and you give me leave to do so, I shall journey down to Mississippi, and to Scott's father and ask to prove that I am worthy of his son." A beat. "He and I live together now - would you suggest that he and I seperate until this decision can be decided?"

[Wyrmbreaker] "You can go now if you want. I'll call you back if I need you. As for separating until you've had a chance to speak to his father: I think the damage has already been done. If it didn't occur to you to check with an Athro before bedding his son in the first place, separating now to await his word will look like exactly what it is: a token gesture rather than any real respect."

There's no real rancor in that. It's stated as fact. It's also something that Lukas has no real right to censure her about, his own history considered.

"At any rate," he adds, "I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how it goes."

[Stormbreaker] There was another long pause as she weeded out all of the interesting, funny or other things that could be taken as attempting to make excuses, even though she was not. She'd never known what proper proticol was, having grown up around a mess of kin and not much more. So, it never even occured to her to ask. Scott had mentioned her to his father and there was no great uproar - so, incorrectly, she thought she was in the clear.

"I will let you know after I have personally spoken with him. If he agrees to the challenge, and somehow, I pass. Would you still require me to seek your blessing before proceeding?"

[Stormbreaker] {{And.. OOC.. is this something you want me and Scott's player just to get around too sometime soon, or do you wish to have a hand in it?}}
to Wyrmbreaker

[Wyrmbreaker] [nope! all yours. you can either have scott's player NPC his char's dad, or find someone willing to ST it.]
to Stormbreaker

[Stormbreaker] {Thanks. We'll work it out together then!}
to Wyrmbreaker

[Wyrmbreaker] "No," simply enough. "His father's word is final. I just ask that you keep me informed."

[Stormbreaker] "I will. Thank you." A pause.. and then she glanced back up again.. "I overheard you speaking with one of your pack the other night.. downstairs, about how you wanted Stormcrows to deliver the welcome message to the new arrivals in the city. I.. would be willing to do it for you, if you'd like." It was a long shot, she knew.. but worth the effort.

[Wyrmbreaker] There's a pause, the Ahroun's pale eyes resting inscrutably on the Galliard for a moment. His fingers tap the side of his wineglass absently. Then he takes a sip, sets it back down on the endtable beside him.

"Given that you managed to forget one of the very rules you're now offering to repeat," he says evenly, "I think perhaps it's best if my messages are delivered via my packmate's spirit friends for the time being. Thank you for the offer, though."

[Stormbreaker] "I shall strive to do better in the future. And, I have not forgotten your words from the other night. I am working very hard not to let my playful nature get the best of me. Thank you for your time this evening, Wyrmbreaker-rhya." Neither her voice, nor her eyes held much emotion.

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas nods, picks up his glass and plate, stands. "Goodnight, Stormbreaker. Good luck with your challenge for mateship."

[Stormbreaker] "Thank you." Offered a polite nod and picked her guitar back up. She fully intended on finishing her song and getting out all of the pent up frustration..
 
Copyright Lukáš Wyrmbreaker 2010.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .