Monday, March 8, 2010

sashenka.

[Ray Ostermann] Ray shakes his head, as he now observes the woman as well. When Edward wishes him well Ray gives the man a smile and waves casually as if they were old acquaintences.

"So long..."

With the ragabash gone he looks back down to Rosanna and responds at last.

"I've never seen her before, though...you have some competition when it comes to keeping our friends attention."

He says with a brief gesture in Jesmonds direction.

[Ray Ostermann] ((Sorry had browser trouble :P ))

[Jesmond Krutova] "No, it's fine," she responds with a mild shrug, nodding again when the Silver Fang excuses himself. There's a slight release of tension in her frame when Edward departs, the same sort that had been contained in her whist Caleb had joined their party the previous evening. Not a hatred, or fear, but an inherent unease around the tribal members.

It rang true of tutorship, of upbringing and the pre-existing grudges borne into her family toward the latter; not to mention years spent as the adopted Kinfolk of the Fenrir. "It's only right that I pay her the respect of staying in her home while I get settled, whatever else we disagree on, she's still my family." Jesmond's lips quirk in offered amusement, then her eyes shift minutely to one side and observe Rosanna and Ray, watching her.

"Either I'm very fascinating, or you have friends over there."

[Rosanna Kardos] "Well now!" Rosanna exclaims, without the slightest hint of jealousy. She seems more amused at Ray's observation than anything else.

She releases a soft, wistful sigh. Sliding her gaze back to her kinsman, nodding to Edward as the Silver Fang passes them. "He does seem rather preoccupied with her. I can see why, she is lovely," a wry grin plays across lush lips, "But I am not worried about competition, even if she has caught his eyes."

Rosanna brushes past Ray, shoulder brushing his arm in the slightest contact, "He isn't the one who's attention I am trying to hold at the moment."

With that, Rosanna steps away from Ray, boot heels clicking on the pavement as she puts distance between them, her eyes on Theron - quirking an eyebrow at him for a moment and then she looks away, considering a direction to go into and how to spend the rest of her evening. She clearly looks to be done with standing around and ready to move on.

[Theron Locke] Theron raises an eyebrow as he watches Jesmond instantly relax once Edward leaves their small gathering. He doesn't comment on it though, perhaps he puts it down to just being yet another new face being met for the first time.

"Hmm yes I suppose you are right there. A small price to pay for doing things the right way."

Theron smiles then as his eyes twinkle in mirth "Perhaps the answer to both of those is yes. The woman is Rosanna Kardos a fellow member of our tribe. I don't know the other gentleman but I believe he is one of ours also."

He catches the quirk brow offered too him, offering her a quirked brow in response as much asking ~What?~ than anything else. Turning to Jesmond as he offers an invitation "Perhaps we should join them, so introductions can be made all around."

[Ray Ostermann] His smile grows at her reaction, obviously having expected her to react in that way and watches her step away. He gives her a brief wave, as its obvious shes not coming back and as he speaks a light laugh follows his words through the air.

"As always Rosanna, it has been a pleasure. Good night."

His last words are almost sing song, as if he finds it all quite amusing. But there is no hint of cruelty, just a good natured jest before he considers Theron and Jesmond, now, he approaches them slowly. Considering, watching Theron in particular for any sign of hostility.

"And a good evening to you all...I don't believe we've met. Ray Ostermann."

To damn confident, how can he be this confident even now, his voice is warm and friendly as he steps up, and he even offers his hand to each of them in turn, his grip firm but his skin soft if they take his hand.

[Rosanna Kardos] Rosanna is already starting to walk away from the group by the time Theron offers Jesmond an explanation to her identity. Ray offers up his farewell and she calls back to him with a wave of her gloved hand. "Good evening to you as well, Ray."

Her steps echo around her, boot heels clicking away in the same quick fluid movement that surrounds the curvy woman. Theron and Jesmond left behind to speak with Ray as she has no intentions of stopping unless verbally called out to. As it was, she was already starting to pull out her iPhone and thumbs through her contacts to call for a ride.

[Jesmond Krutova] Rosanna is studied the way a picture is observed in a gallery for the first time; there are colors and meanings and depth to the image, but at first glance it is hard to look at anything but the medium its been presented in. At first examination, Jesmond sees bravado; she sees an air of confidence -- she sees flirtatious affirmation of self, perhaps, in the way she so boldly looks after Theron. She says nothing on it, she is given no chance, as the other Shadow Lord Kinfolk departs and Ray approaches, offering his hand.

Jesmond offers hers; her palm is soft, fingernails neatly clipped yet unadorned by any varnish. She looks at Ray with much the same consideration she had Rosanna, observing in his mannerisms many of the same outward qualities. It interests her, the way the city Kinfolk act. But perhaps she has grown too accustomed to the plain speech of Fenrir. "Hello," she smiles, her blue eyes steady, thoughtful. "I'm Jesmond Kr&+367;tová, newly arrived Kinfolk of Theron's tribe." She pronounces her surname with the inflections in place, though her accent is clearly American, so the Czech is barbarianized, somewhat.

[Theron Locke] Theron turns his head as he watches Rosanna start to depart "Leaving so soon Rosanna? I was hoping to have a word with you before you left. But if you need to leave, I wouldn't want to hold you up."

There was no hostility shown to Ray, just an air of resignation about certain facts "No I don't think we have... pleasure to meet you Ray... I'm Theron, Theron Locke. This is Jesmond Krutova."

Allowing the two kin to talk as his vision goes back to Rosanna waiting to see if she responds to his request.

[Theron Locke] (( ignore Theron's introduction of Jesmond... seeing she introduced herself ))

[Rosanna Kardos] It is difficult to see the physical reaction she has to Theron calling her out. Her back given the group, her head cast down to stare at the iPhone. At first, one may think she will just ignore the Garou and the group all together. But she stops, lifting her face up to peer over a shoulder back at them.

"I'm afraid so. If you want a word with me, it'll need to be in haste or another time, Theron." She responds, clearly not going to come to him when Theron bids her. He will have to come to her if he wanted to speak with her. She waits long enough for a response from him, her eyes flickering over to Jesmond and Ray once again, before settling on the woman once more.

[Ray Ostermann] Ray takes up a casual confident stance before the pair of them and his winning smile holds as he accepts their friendly greetings, his caution of Theron falling to the way side...for now.

"A pleasure to meet you both, so it would happen. We share kinship with the same tribe. How are you finding the city Jesmond? Are you ready to leave yet?"

His smiles breaks into something a bit wryer, jokes to breath the ice it works in the boardroom it will work here. He sets down his briefcase now, his arm at long last becoming tired. Ray watches the interplay between Theron and Rosanna out the side of his vision, but returns his gaze to Jesmond.

[Theron Locke] Theron raises an eyebrow at Rosanna, watching her carefully as again something flickers over his eyes remaining unspoken. He turns back to the other two kin "Hmm if you excuse me for but a moment. It seems I must seize an opportunity when it presents itself. I shouldn't be but a moment."

Moving as he heads towards Rosanna, face unreadable as he follows her gaze before settling his eyes back on her.

"Evening Rosanna" he greets her after closing the distance between them "Apologies for not saying hello sooner there were several matters I needed to discuss with my pack mate. I hope your well?" polite pleasantries given

"I just wanted to take the opportunity to speak with you face to face and offer you an invitation."

[Jesmond Krutova] She notes the briefcase, and deduces from it that the man before her was some manner of professional; though his business wasn't hers to judge at. Rather, she lifts a shoulder in a light-hearted shrug, her umbrella rising with the motion.

"I find it pleasing enough, though colder than I'd expected." Her dark hair, so very near to black, was clipped back, but stubborn layers slid free and caught in the breeze; they were intermittently tidied back with a free hand; grocery bag laden though the arm was. In Jesmond's ears, a set of silver hoops gleamed in the dull evening light; set above them by street lamps and the moon.

She glances at the Theurge when he excuses himself and hurries after Rosanna, before her attention returns to Ray, and she offers him a small, half-formed smile that was at once restrained and beguiling. "How long have you been here, Mr Ostermann? Are you closely acquainted with Ms Kardos, I believe Theron mentioned her name as?"

[Rosanna Kardos] "I have come under the weather lately, not feeling so well. Could just be a stomach flu, which I wouldn't worry about. I come in contact with lots of strange substances, could be something I picked up on a cleaning job, but thank you for inquiring of my health."

When Rosanna addresses Theron, it is not in the intimate way of lovers or with the fleeting glances he has thrown her way during the course of the night. She is polite to him, personal only in a way as one would see a confidant or close friend. She does not allow any show of emotion beyond that reveal itself to anyone that watches, even to Theron.

"What was the invitation?" He has her curiosity piqued; Rosanna glances down at the text message when the iPhone vibrates in her hand, it draws a frown out of the woman for a second, and she promptly puts the phone away into her pocket.

[Ray Ostermann] "Your would be correct, her name is just that. However Ms. Kardos and I are only recently acquainted. This is infact only our second meeting."

He shrugs, like its fairly normal for people to become so friendly with him as time progresses. He looks over Jesmond for a few seconds before talking once more. His eyes meeting hers, his gaze reassuring, like he could be your best friend.

"Are you from the south? Your lucky you know, you missed the worst of our weather, infact, your lucky you weren't here a few years ago."

[Jesmond Krutova] "California, most recently," she corrects with a small expression of amusement at being thought Southern. With her complexion, and dark looks, not many would have picked her home state. "But I had, up until quite recently been residing in Minnesota, quite remote country, where I was. I had forgotten the chill while with family in warmer areas of the United States."

She shrugs, and adds. "Silly." A beat passes, and she tilts her head a fraction, studying him from beneath the rim of her umbrella. "You're a local, by the sounds."

[Theron Locke] "Oh that is a shame. I'm not sure if you know of my medical skills, more so my mundane ones. If there is anyway that I can help, please don't hesitate to ask."

With his back to the other two kin, Theron allows a look of concern to reach his eyes. But he doesn't say anything further about her un-wellness. Normally he would tilt his head or offer a frown at how unreadable Rosanna is, but perhaps now it is something he just accepts.

He turns his head as he looks back at the other two before turning his head back to Rosanna "Hmm perhaps I should talk to you about it somewhere more private. Are you free later this evening or do you have plans? If you do.... I guess I could tell you here."

[Rosanna Kardos] As if on cue, Rosanna's left hand comes up to cover her mouth as she coughs into it. It is a rather convincing sound expelled from her lungs, that may lead one to think she might be coming down with something. Her other hand stretched out to touch Theron's upper arm, fingers curled around the bicep as she squeezes it gently, and then drops away.

If Theron knew Rosanna as well as he thinks he does, he knows she is always up to something, despite being unreadable. Her voice rumbles in a low purr, "I will be detained later this evening I am afraid. What is it you wished to tell me?"

[Ray Ostermann] "You'd be right, I've lived here all my life, though I haven't been aware of the nation anywhere near as long."

His eyes flicker over in the direction of Theron and Rosanna as if hes trying to discern exactly what is going on, curiosity flickering across his face before he relucantly pulls his eyes back to Jesmond.

"And what has brought you to Chicago? Buisness? Family? Perhaps just a case of wanderlust?"

[Theron Locke] Theron allows his lips to curl into a grin, as his eyes sparkle with mischief. His black rose always upto something it would seem, as her hand reaches out and touches him ever so briefly. His eyes changing and showing a rather different emotion as his skin tingles.

"Well that is rather a shame, but I guess these things happened. I just wanted to tell you that it seems my birthday approaches, the 15th of this month to be exact. I was hoping you'd care to help me celebrate it, I haven't finalised plans yet but I hope to organise something in the next few days."

[Rosanna Kardos] Rosanna touches her hand to her chin, gloved fingers curling over it as she considers this. An eyebrow arching upward slowly. "How old will you be?" She sounds curious, pondering what sort of celebration he might have in mind.

Knowing Theron it was an easy guess.

"If nothing comes up I can promise some form of attendance. Is there anything in particular you wish for your birthday, besides the obvious?"

[Jesmond Krutova] When Ray looks over at Theron and Rosanna this time; his attention to them is followed by Jesmond's eyes. "Something of a combination of all of those, actually," she supplies vaguely and then nods in the other pair's direction. "Would you like to go and join them, Mister Ostermann? I don't mind, I should get these back to my Aunt, at any rate."

Jesmond defers gently, her eyebrows rising but a little.

[Ray Ostermann] *Ray gives Jesmond an apologetic smile and shakes his head. His attention returns entirely Jesmond at that, refraining from looking in their direction, even turning his body to face her, facing away from the others. Showing that his attention is completely on her.

"No, my apologies my curiosity tends to get the better of me. In my line of work it is required that I know the trends and where everything is heading. If I do not, I get left in the dust. I take the same approach to my life in the nation." *A pause briefly before he speaks again redirecting conversation* "What is it that you do Jesmond?"

[Iona McNevin] Iona was taking a break from her after hours forging she was doing for Lukas. Her stomach area was healing still, and still hurt like a bitch to move, but she hid it easily over oversized clothes she normally doesn't wear.

She walked into the park, wearing her usual military jacket and hoodie, a huge saggy tee shirt over a lose black long sleeve shirt, and sweats for once. But she still wore those steel toed boots which was good for her job. She was actually carrying one of those old metal lunch boxes one would see construction people carry.

Glancing around as she came into view, she saw Theron not too far away, and others she didn't know. She moved to a park bench to sit down and enjoy her meal.

[Theron Locke] Theron watches her reaction curiously "I'll be turning 25 actually."

"Well here is hoping that you'll be free, otherwise a belated birthday celebration is a possibility." He then raises an eyebrow when she states that he'll be wishing for the obvious "Perhaps..." he says with a coy smile "or perhaps I challenge you to surprise me."

[Rosanna Kardos] "Hmm."

She covers her mouth again as another cough forces its way out, covered by her hand. She narrows her eyebrows a little. "So, I have a week to find the most gorgeous women in Chicago and present a harem to you on your birthday."

She nods at this, grinning up at Theron. "I will have my work cut out for me. Shall I include anyone in roster that you have a preference for? Besides the obvious."

[Jesmond Krutova] She does not seem offended, Jesmond, in fact, she looks upon Ray with some measure of understanding. They were Kinfolk to one of the more ruthless [so they would have others believe] tribes in existance. If they did not keep up; keep abridge of the world around them, then they were useless to the cause. "I'm a Nurse, actually," she admits finally, with a sedate expression. "I used to work primarily as a midwife, helping with the delivery of infants within my former Sept. But, it was a different sort of environment there.

Things here are," she pauses, considers her words. "Different. Not that it's a bad thing, but I do find I miss the simplicity of life in a more rural Sept. Things are kept simple there, there is no room for subtlety."

[Theron Locke] Theron's nostrils flare slightly as he takes an inward breath, but continuing to look resolute. It seems the games between these two were continuing.

"If that is something you think I would appreciate. But I believe I would be quite content with just the obvious."

He shakes his head, as he can't help but grin also "It sounds like you will. Hmm I think you know my tastes better than anyone, so I'm sure the task won't be that onerous for you."

[Ray Ostermann] "Impressive...while you may miss the simplicity, surely you must crave the intrigue, at least to some point. From what I have found, it is something in our blood." *He chats comfortably, casually, like they were becoming the best of friends. He meets her gaze like they've known each other for years.

"So will you be continuing as a nurse here? Or is a change of pace in order, I'm sure there are many opportunities within the nation here. If you know where to look."

[Rosanna Kardos] "I strive to do what I can to please."

She takes a step back from Theron, her head turning to regard Ray and Jesmond, "I believe you are ignoring your guest. Have a good night, Theron." Another move to step away from him, and then Rosanna turns on her boot heels and starts to walk away.

[Edwin Morr] ((Open scene?))

[Rosanna Kardos] (yes)

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] If there's one thing the Garou have in spades, it's resilience. Some might call it stubbornness. Regardless:

Less than 24 hours ago, Lukas, Theron and Jesmond were all involved in an incident in Grant Park involving enormous arthropods and two ill-tempered elementals. Human beings faced with such an occurrence would never, ever come to Grant Park again, much less the very next day.

However: there they are. Most of them are chatting on the paths. One is standing in the parking lot, his coat buttoned against the cold, the collar up. His eyes are on the ground. He's frowning faintly, pacing a slow circle around some indeterminate, apparently nondescript point.

[Theron Locke] "Indeed you do." he says with a smile.

Turning his head back to the other "Hmm I guess I am. Glad we got this chance to talk Rosanna. I hope to see you soon. Good night" he offers her a smile as he watches her turn and start to walk away.

Beginning to turn as he starts to head back towards Ray and Jesmond. "Oh Rosanna, did you want me to introduce you to our new tribemate?.. Was rather rude of me not to offer." he adds almost as an after thought.

[Edwin Morr] The Park was nice, this time of year. Quiet... Cold... And easy to be missed in. A chill fog, just barely more than freezing, blanketed the area; apparitions both real and imagined danced their way from one diaphanous mass to the next...

So it was that a creature called Edwin Morr by some, Leaves-No-Trace by others, trouble-maker and ne'er-do-well by all made his way in the darkness. He wore, as always, a brown denim work coat and blue jeans, with a black baseball cap pulled low upon his brow. The bill of the cap seemed to cast his face in almost perpetual shadow, though it was clear for any who dared look that he was grinning...

Assuming they pick the almost unnaturally quiet and hard to follow 'lord's movements, wraithlike and overly smooth as they were.

((Dex + Stealth + Fox, diff = 6, stealth specialized))
Dice Rolled:[ 10 d10 ] 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10 (Success x 6 at target 6) Re-rolls: 1

[Jesmond Krutova] "I've taken up a position at Mercy Hospital, actually." She confirms, raindrops pattering against her umbrella. She notices when Theron and Rosanna break apart, and her pale eyes regard the young Theurge a moment without allowing her focus to truely slip from Ray. "I was speaking only last night to Danicka Musil, the mate of our Elder here in the city, she was noting there is a Coalition for the Kinfolk in Chicago?"

Jesmond's smile brightens, her teeth are glimpsed; straight and white. "I must admit to having a great interest in joining it. I don't like feeling idle in the eyes of the Nation. I'm sure you'd agree there's nothing worse." She gestures to his briefcase, now. "What is it that you do, anyway, that has your senses so attuned to the world around you?"

[Ray Ostermann] "There is yes, I myself have not had time to meet Danicka or go to one of the meetings. But as soon as I have time I fully intend to. I already have several plans that i think will be well worth the coalitions time and effort."

He follows her gaze down to the briefcase and he pats it, like its a good pet, or a trusted friend, before a chuckle escapes his lips, thick and inviting. He then pulls out a business card and hands it to Jesmond.

"I'm a financial broker, i usually deal in resource acquisitions, though i have over seen several liquidations and a fair share of hostile take overs." *He shrugs, a bemused look crossing his face as if it was somehow funny.* "I'm just your very average soul less dream killing stiff."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] Eventually, Wyrmbreaker seems satisfied with whatever he may have found. The Shadow Lord stops. Frowns at the ground a moment longer, then lifts his head. Clear eyes look across the parking lot -- mostly empty at this hour, in this weather -- and he rubs the back of his neck with a gloved hand.

Then he turns away, leaving the pale lights and the parked cars behind. His shoes crunch lightly through a rime of ice that's beginning to form again as temperatures drop overnight. Spring's a long time coming in these northern states. As he walks, he tucks his hands into the pockets of his overcoat, his dark head covered with a neat woolen flat cap.

Up ahead, his tribesmen; one packmate as well.

[Iona McNevin] Iona sat quietly and opened the lunchbox. First she pulled out some blueprint papers that were folded up and set them beside the lunchbox. Then out came the thermos, and she opened it, sniffing it and smiling. Ah, Coffee...adsill hot. Then she went through the food the kitchen at the Brotherhood made her. A sliced roast beef on rye with swiss, and potato salad. There was even a small container holding potato soup.

She poured herself a cup of coffee and sip it, then picked up half the sandwich and began to eat as she unfolded the blueprint papers and went over her next project.

[Theron Locke] Rosanna doesn't answer him, so Theron continues back to Ray and Jesmond Waiting for them to finish their current discussion before speaking. Catching the last part of what Ray was talking about.

"Ray it sounds like you have an interesting profession. Perhaps a way to make war but without the need for weaponry?"

"I also apologize for heading off like that, was a conversation I was meaning to have with Rosanna previously but didn't get the chance. It seems like you've been able to keep each other company though."

[Edwin Morr] ((Folks... I'm just gonna have Edwin head off into the darkness. I'm having a hard time concentrating, and short on time as it is I'm afraid.

With luck I'll catch the next shadow lord meet and greet. *chuckle*))

[Jesmond Krutova] Jesmond accepts the business card with a polite expression of thanks, holding it up into the light beneath her umbrella to glimpse the fine black print. She then slips it into the rear pocket of her jeans for safe-keeping; and turns her attention toward the approaching Ahroun.

"There is the Alpha of the tribe, now." She announces, and looks between the two men either side of her. "I should be getting on, it's not considered wise to leave a chain smoker without the source of their addiction for long," a brief, contained smile from the newcomer.

[Ray Ostermann] Ray turns his gaze to Theron as he returns and nods respectfully to the man and his smile widens ever so slightly as he comments on Rays particular line of work.

"Some of the worst boogeymen are the ones who dress just like me and fight just like I do. I consider it evening the odds for our side, if I do almost the exact same thing...just better of course. If what I've heard is correct, such a war will be taking place very soon, along side your more traditional war."

Ray briefly returns his gaze to Jesmond and offers her his hand once more. His his face and his voice sincere as he speaks.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Jesmond, it always in meeting a fellow kin, I hope to see you at the Coalition meetings soon."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Jesmond."

The voice that Wyrmbreaker speaks with tonight is a world away from the shattered, whining noise that came out of his mouth last night. Low, powerful: befitting who and what he is, the scion of a long line of wolf-kings and mountain lords; the alpha of pack and tribe and auspice in his city.

He slows his step, intercepting the kinswoman a few yards away from the others. She's over half a foot shorter, but between her boots and his easy, animal stance, the difference isn't so stark.

They look as though they might be related. Black hair, wild, sky-lit eyes.

"Did you make it back home all right last night?"

[Theron Locke] He nods at Ray "Hmm sounds like an interesting approach, we will have to chat more about it. I'm sure those skills could come into great effect. But you are correct we are officially at war.'

"Oh Jesmond leaving so soon? can I at least give you a lift home if you have too, no need to struggle with those groceries all the way back to your apartment."

His eyes are then drawn to his alpha as he approaches, nodding politely "Lukas, good to see you. I'm afraid you missed Edward he was here earlier, as well as a new tribemate for us. He goes by the name Sasha." He goes quiet when Lukas asks Jesmond about getting home safely, the Theurge allowing her to answer.

[Jesmond Krutova] She doesn't get very far, after she accepts Ray's hand again in a farewell shake. For all that its chilly out, Jesmond's palm is warm, and dry [healer's hands]. She smiles up [or perhaps down, she was tall for a woman, the dark-haired Kinsfolk] at Ray and repeats a farewell back at him at about the time Lukas steps up, speaking her name.

Properly.

There's no hint of malformation in it now; it's quite fitting for the Full Moon and surprise registers in eyes the pale match for his own as she turns her body to face him. It's very deliberate, that. A sort of submissive recognition of Alpha, of leader while all at once on the surface mere human social nicety. She lowers her umbrella, it's stopped raining for the moment and closes it.

"I did, thank you. I wondered actually if you might have seen a small gun here last night. It's a .38 Centennial, with a small engraving in the side. I think, in all the excitement," a measure of dry humor here in her tone, "It slipped from my purse."

[Ray Ostermann] "Of course, if you wish to, I'm certain we can meet at a later time."

Ray sounds all manner of pleased at Theron's interest in Ray's approach at the coming war, and a slick smile crosses his lips as he converses with Theron. But the approach of the Wyrmbreaker, as well as a brief glance at his watch takes his attention from the man. And Ray turns with a respectful nod to Lukas, acknowledging his presence.

"Sir, it is an honor to see you again." His voice drips with respect for the Alpha, as it should. But he still doesn't seem all that submissive, even here. The man still refuses to think that way.

"However, I must be going, I've a property to purchase, and some paper work to finalize. I wish you all the best of evenings."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] The front of his overcoat is closed and buttoned. Between his collar and the brim of his flat cap, his face is a slice of swarthy skin; brilliant eyes. Those eyes turn briefly toward Ray, and he nods to the kinsman.

"Just Lukáš is fine, Ray. Safe drive home."

He turns back to Jesmond, then, his hands coming out of his pockets to lace loosely behind his back. "As a matter of fact," he says, smiling, "I did. I'm fairly certain Dani&+269;ka has it now. Sentimental item, is it?"

[Sasha Hadziosmanovic] He'd been at the park - near the very spot where Lukas and the group near him are right now - earlier. When he left Edward it was with the intent of finding Wyrmbreaker, if for no other reason but to alert the Alpha of their Tribe of his presence within Chicago.

So, that's probably what has him carving a path back through the park with his Rage preceding him. The half light of the moon - his moon - lays a touch of silver against the black of his hair and shines within the inky pools that are his eyes.

Still wearing the nylon dark bomber jacket and the dark jeans, the hem rolled up precisely and neatly twice, Sasha would blend in well with other Chicagoan's were it not for his Rage. Thankfully, though, he is able to zero in on Lukas soon enough...a fact that gives his steps a little more direct purpose.

[Jesmond Krutova] He smiles, and so he receives one in return, a hand straying to brush aside insistent falls of dark hair from her eyes. "Then I hope it came in handy for you," she pauses, and then adjusts the strap of the shopping bag laced over one wrist. "It is," Sentimental. Valuable. "It was a gift from my late mate to myself," her smile seems more wistful now than anything, she straightens her spine when she feels the growing flare of fresh Rage approaching; instinct.

"Eirik had a particular sort of idea about romance. I suspect I was meant to swoon, but still," she shrugs, off hand as if it all meant so little, in the scheme of things. "I should be glad to have it returned."

[Ray Ostermann] "Of course Lukas." It doesnt take effort to simply use the Alpha's first name, he switches like a bike might shift gears. He picks up his briefcase at that and turns to go. He isn't going to stand on ceremony or any desire to remain...the man has money to make. And thats more then enough motivation to leave. Which he does, quickly.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] The first thing Lukas ever gave his mate -- thing, because deadly weaponry is hard to classify as a gift -- was, in fact, a 9mm SIG Sauer. That was what came before books, before a 'joke' from agent provocateur, before a den, before a usb drive whose contents would be worthless to anyone other than Danicka.

So: when Jesmond says the gun was a gift from her late mate, Lukas is perhaps more understanding than most would be. "Your mate sounds like he was a practical man," he replies. "And that's more important than romance. You have Dani&+269;ka's phone number, I believe. Give her a call and I'm sure she'll be happy to return it."

Another is approaching; an unknown whose bloodlines nevertheless were writ in his face. Theron had mentioned an unknown by the name of Sasha. Occam's Razor suggested this is the man, and expectantly, his face open, Lukas turns to face the Thunder-blooded stranger.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] [swear i'll be faster. had to look up some details *LOL*]

[Ray Ostermann] [[Thank you all, that was one hell of a marathon LOL later]]

[Sasha Hadziosmanovic] His features are sharp and somewhat angled, his throat bears a thick scar which wraps completely around it. Feeling Wyrmbreaker's eyes on him, Sasha offers the other Shadow Lord a nod in pre-formal greeting. With Edward and Theron, Sasha had allowed his attention to be parted between Lee and Rosanna and Ray ... now, that does not happen. While he is aware of his surroundings, his focus is on Lukas.

"Hello." He says when close enough, his voice rich in tone and strong with a accent - what sort is somewhat hard to discern just yet. "I was told by Edward to find Lukas." And by Edward's information, he's sure he just has.

[Theron Locke] Theron watches as his Alpha's attention is drawn to Sasha. Giving a contented nod that Lukas had heard his information.

His attention returning to Jesmond, as she repeats the story of the firearm for Lukas' benefit. Watching and listening as the two converse. As if he was memorising new facts about the kinswoman, now he knew his name and the fact that he has passed.

When he thinks their conversation has subsided "So Jesmond I'm not sure if you heard me, would you like a lift back to your Aunt's place. Seems a long way to carry those groceries."

[Jesmond Krutova] He sounds like he was a practical man. And barbaric, cruel, clever, cunning and surprisingly tender when nobody could view it, wrapped away from prying eyes. But Jesmond, naturally, says nothing of the sort of man her late mate had been, she just smiles the sort of polite, agreeable smile you do when someone notes a hopeful fact about someone you've known who has passed on.

"D&+283;kujeme vám."

She eventually offers the Alpha of the tribe, her unaccented tongue simplifying the gratitude somewhat, before Sasha fully makes his approach known and Jesmond's eyes take the Half Moon in, him and his stifling Rage that comes with him, riding high like a cresting wave. She makes a study of him as he focuses his attention on Lukas, and then is drawn aside by the Theurge.

"Thank you, that is kind," seems to account for an acceptance.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Není za&+269;," he returns to the kinswoman, his otherwise unaccented tones crossing easily into Czech.

Then she's turning to Theron, and he's turning back to Sasha. "I'm Lukáš Wyrmbreaker," he replies. The Shadow Lord holds out his hand, gripping the other's forearm briefly. He's an Ahroun, Lukas, and his rage is unmistakable and unsurprising. What might be surprising, though, is the raw presence of the man: a quiet, animal assurance, a confidence that manifested in subtler ways than most Ahrouns -- or even Shadow Lords -- usually manage.

Which is to say: he doesn't try to squeeze the hell out of Sasha's arm. Or stare him down. His grip is firm, his eyes level, but there's an unafraid openness about his manner.

"Edward is my packmate. And you must be Sasha."

[Sasha Hadziosmanovic] Their hands clasp, hand to forearm, and a smile finally dawns across Sasha's thin lips. That Lukas' does not try to intimidate him is appreciated. His body is tense, though this is likely due to the restraint held on his Rage beneath his birth moon.

"Ah, then Edward tells me right description." He speaks broken English, his voice thick with a Serbian accent. "I am glad to see you." Or, I'm glad to have found you. Surely Lukas gets the gist.

"Sashenka Hadžiosmanovi&+263;..." He pauses, "Sasha." Dark eyes finally break from Lukas to find Theron as he offers a ride to Jesmond. Quickly, though, he returns his attention to the Tribal Alpha of Chicago.

"I have come to your city, from New Jersey." He explains.

[Theron Locke] Theron gives a nod of his head and a small smile, not wanting the woman to feel uncomfortable around him. Perhaps it is the presence of his Alpha around him or maybe it is that he wants to make a good impression on the kinswoman to stave off any unkind rumours that were floating around about him.

"I'm ready to leave with you are Jesmond, just give the word. I'll be able to catch up with Lukas later." Already taking his car keys out of his pocket in preparation.

[Jesmond Krutova] Jesmond nods, and, shifting her grocery bag from her wrist to grasp in her fingers, she hoists her umbrella and smiles at Theron. "I'm ready, let's go. Goodnight, Lukáš. Goodnight." She adds the farewell to Sasha, though stave's off using his name for tonight.

Then, baring any other reason to linger, she begins to head off with the young Theurge.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Goodnight, Jesmond," Lukas returns as the kinswoman prepares to head away.

New Jersey, Sasha says. The Ahroun's mouth quirks. "New York City, myself. Theron too. And half my pack. Sometimes it seems like the entire City's moving to Chicago."

Jesmond and Theron head off one way. Lukas begins to walk another, a tilt of his head inviting Sasha to walk with him. "So; what auspice, Sasha? And what does the Tribe call you?"

[Theron Locke] Theron turns to Lukas and Sasha "Evening Gentleman, I may return later. I shall give you a call Lukas to see where you are. Anyway time to escort the lady home."

And with that he turns and begins walking at Jesmond's side, leading her to his car.

[Sasha Hadziosmanovic] Sasha nods to both Theron and Jesmond. "Go well." He says before turning to walk with Wyrmbreaker. "Your packmate, Edward, tell of your friendship, your pack." They walk, Lukas asks of his moon and deed name and Sasha is quick to oblige.

"I was born under this moon, the half moon. In the nation I am called Strikes With Intent. I have no pack here, but will find one soon."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "See you later, Theron," Lukas replies, offhand, as the groups separate.

To Sasha, then, "Good. The Sept's short on good Half Moons. I'm an Ahroun, myself, and the current warmaster of Maelstrom. I should tell you now that there's a Hive in the north, which the Sept will be mobilizing against within two or three weeks. The offensive is organized along pack lines, so it's a very good idea to be looking to join one soon.

"If you'll follow a Silver Fang, you might try War Crucible under sklora-Myrgen. They're a fairly new pack dedicated to strategy and warfare, a pair of Ahrouns who could use a Philodox's level head. You should be warned, though, that their totem forbids any romantic liaisons, up to and including mateship. Gun Smoke is another small war pack. They already have a Philodox, Covered-Sky, but they're both Shadow Lords, and Covered-Sky is an exceptional Garou.

"If you don't mind a more unorthodox approach, the Sentinels are a solid pack under Buried Hatchet, a Fianna. And the Bogeymen do good work, even if Leaves No Trace, a Ragabash of our tribe, goes out of his way to act like a backstabbing bastard. They might be too superficially dishonorable for a Philodox's tastes, though.

"There are other packs, of course. If you go to the Caern, you'll likely see them come by to tend to their totem shrines now and then. If you don't find a pack by the time we move on the Hive, you're welcome to run with mine."

[Sasha Hadziosmanovic] They walk and Sasha listens very carefully to all the other Shadow Lord has to say. His own hands find a place in the pockets of his slacks, his eyes flash toward Lukas now and then before returning to the path that lie ahead of them.

"What of Edward?" He asks bluntly. "Edward Bellamonte. I have met this man...he says is packmate of yours...says you are friends?" His broken English seems to strangle his words, but he manages to string them together coherently all the same.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Yes. Edward, his sister Katherine and I came to Chicago together. We go back quite a few years." Curious, an eyebrow rising, "What's your interest in him?"

[sorry man, at work and got busy!]

[Sasha Hadziosmanovic] Sasha shrugs as they walk, his eyes wandering over the landscape. "No interest...he says is good friend to my Elder...is good sign I can trust this man...da?" He pauses a moment more before continuing. "I will see to finding a pack quickly..."

(Shit man. I forgot to set my clocks at home and I'm running late. I thought it was 4:50 and it was 5:50! LOL I gotta get to work...we can finish if you'd like, I get on from work at about 10-11 pm site time)
 
Copyright Lukáš Wyrmbreaker 2010.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .