Thursday, March 18, 2010

high school.

[Teodora Krutova] Today, Teodora Krutova is not damp, there is no bracelet of bugbites around her wrist and she did not attempt to drive to the Brotherhood of Thieves herself. The car she'd been using for practice has just this morning been hauled out of the river where it was abandoned (ruined). Today, Teodora Krutova looks lovely, a well-behaved, pretty teenager, jeans and suede boots that cost way, way too much and a chocolate brown (cashmere [cloudsoft]) sweater with a wide collar that ties around the waist, rings on her fingers, a pendant resting in the hollow of her throat (blue [like her eyes]), and today, today, one day only, the little kinfolk is in the common room of the Brotherhood, having gained entrance after talking to the staff.

[Theron Locke] Theron had crawled back into the Broho at some unimagineable hour of the morning. Luckily the vast amount of alchohol he had consumed around the fire was easily burnt off , so it was safe for him to be behind the wheel of his car. Throwing himself into the shower as he washed the smell of smoke and alcohol from his body.

He made his way back to Room 3 dressed in only a towel, the silver pendant he wore around his neck on display. Rummaging around in the room he finally finds a pair of cargo pants and a t-shirt. Closing the door to the room behind him as he makes his way out in the common room.

His brow knitting into a frown when he spots the young teen from the Bonfire and the diner, he wondered what she was doing here.. The scent of heritage had been unmistakable in the diner, so he decides to approach "Evening there, can I help you at all?" an eyebrow raised slightly.

[Teodora Krutova] "Hi," Teodora says, when Theron approaches. She remembers him (because he's cute). He asks her if he can help her at all, and she bites the corner of her lower lip, rolling it under her teeth, before she smiles at him (hopeful [bright]). "You're the guy from the diner. And the bonfire." And didn't some hot guy in a towel just walk by the common room door? This place rocks. She doesn't say that one outloud, though. "And probably other places too. I don't know. Are you Lukas?"

[Theron Locke] He smiles easily, though he gives her a curious look as he watches her reaction to his question. "Yeah that's me I guess" the eyebrow still raised but then he lets out a chuckle as she tries to guess his name

"Ahh no, sorry to disappoint you but I'm not Lukas. But just so you don't have to resort to calling me 'the diner guy', I guess I better introduce myself. I'm Theron, and you are?"

[Teodora Krutova] "I'm not that disappointed," Teodora says, shamelessly. Then she closes her magazine and lets it rest across her lap, giving Theron her full attention. "I'm Teodora. You can call me Dora, though. If you want, I mean." And lo! She blushes a little. Then: "What's your tribe?"

[Theron Locke] He blinks several times with how shameless the young girl seems to be, as he just resorts to shaking his head with a small laugh. Making his way to a seat as he takes it "Nice to meet you Teodora.. but I guess I can call you Dora" and he gives her another friendly smile, as if trying to ease the situation to stop her from blushing "I am like you, a part of the Shadow Lord tribe." as he taps a finger against his nose.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] [guys, sorry to impose, but would it be possible to date this one BEFORE the equinox? i'm not sure where Lukas is/what kinda mood he's in right after bonfire, and i don't want to just assume. if you'd rather keep it post-bonfire, it's cool!]

[Theron Locke] [ Yeah I guess I'm cool with that, if Jess is ?]

[Teodora Krutova] [jess don't care!]

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] [yay! thanks guys. really sorry.]

[Teodora Krutova] "Good! The best one. Do you know my sister, Jezzy? Do you know Lukas? What's he like? Are you kinfolk or," note, she does not choose to describe the garou as Furries here, in their den, "trueborn?" Teodora isn't blushing anymore. Rather, the fifteen-year-old is watching Theron intently, blue eyes lucent [shadows, within] and long lashes dark.

[Theron Locke] Theron's nostrils flare slightly as he tries to stop himself from laughing. His eyes sparkling with mirth the only hint of his inner thoughts. "Umm Jezzy? If you mean Jesmond the answer is yes. Have given her a lift home a couple of times when we've crossed paths."

He then nods "Yeah I know Lukas he's my brother. Lukas is ... Lukas, he is possibly not like other Shadow Lords you have met. But I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise of your first meeting with him." a hint of humor to his voice "As for myself I am true.. born under a crescent moon.". Theron's eyes matching the young girls gaze with his own.

[Teodora Krutova] [WP! Be polite. Don't stare-down the true!]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 8 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "What about me?" Lukas says, strolling into the common room. It's evening, and he has a plate in hand, and on that plate is lamb, and in his other hand is

not wine, but a can of soda.

[Teodora Krutova] Theron's gaze touches Teodora's and holds. Teodora's stays steady for a moment (and inquisitive [and direct]) until it would be rude to continue meeting the garou's gaze. Then her own drops, lashes sweeping demurely across her cheekbones. "Your by-blood brother or your brother-in-arms?" she asks, gaze rising again, regarding the smiling, cute Shadow Lord theurge who's totally not too old for her and is sitting on the couch. "My father's a theurge too. He's -- " Then Lukas strolls on in and Teodora's eyes widen (she flushes, again [blushes, like spring's coming]) and she stands. "Hi. I wanted to meet you. I'm Teodora Krutova. I'm a kin of your tribe, daughter of Drahomir Kr&+367;tová, Storm's Vengeance, Adren Theurge of the Sept of Dusking Glory, and you're The Guy."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] Unless Teodora happens to be an aspiring supermodel, Lukas likely towers over her. He got in not too long ago: still in his street wear right now, dark wools and thick cottons, frowning down at the girl with some puzzlement.

It clears as he places the names, "Ah. I've met your elder sister." The end of the soda can is propped against his thigh, and he wrangles the top open rather cleverly, then shifts his grip and takes a gulp. Leaning down, the Ahroun sets the can aside, offhandedly wipes condensation onto his coat, then offers his hand. "I didn't realize there was a younger in the city. I'm Lukáš. You've already met my brother, Theron."

[Theron Locke] He looks thoughtful as he watches the young girl, eventually lower her gaze. It had been as much a test as anything. "My pack brother, though we share a history that in some ways brings us closer." and then any further comment is stopped, when he feels the presence of his Alpha at his back and then hears his words "Evenin Brother... all is well I take it?" and then going silent as he allows Teodora to make her formal introductions and for Lukas to respond.

He sits quietly and listens to the details, Lukas had made mention that Jesmond's father was an Adren, but not a Theurge.

"Care to join us Lukas?" as he indicates a seat

[Teodora Krutova] - we share a history that in some ways brings us closer, Theron says, and Teodora looks perplexed at this news, as well she might. But she decides not to question right after he says so. "She wasn't expecting me to come and stay with her," Teodora explains, honestly. "I might not be in town for very long, but I think I'll be around at least a month or two. I just need to get it squared away with school."

Teodora accepts Lukas' hand without hesitation. She takes it like a girl who's going to be a very, very strong-minded woman one of these days, if she doesn't die, doesn't have some Black Spiral Dancer sniffing her out by breeding, deciding to carry her back to the Hive. She shakes his hand like she's used to this, to formality, with just a touch of reticence.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] Lukas, after releasing Teodora's hand, takes the offered seat without hesitation, with a smile to his packmate. His plate clunks on the coffee table, heavy with meats and ... only meats. Succulent, steaming, pink-in-the-center meats. Well; unless you count the bones, the slender arches of lamb-ribs amongst the roast. The Shadow Lord picks up the knife resting alongside the rack and starts to separate it into individual cuts.

"School?" he echoes, and smiles. "High school, or college? You're not in college yet, are you?" The knife saws expertly; ribs peel apart. He takes one for himself, then holds the plate out to their guest.

[Teodora Krutova]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Teodora Krutova] [ack, that was to not-lie-about-age! wp.]

[Teodora Krutova] The question gives the girl pause for a moment. Her eyes don't quite flicker over to Theron but almost. In the end, she doesn't lie about her age, doesn't try to make herself sound older, not to her tribal elder. Jesmond would find out, and she'd be pretty angry. Also, he might be super-perceptive. She doesn't know yet. So - "High School," she says. "Ah, there aren't any schools that are being, like, closely watched right now, are there? Because I could enroll there, if you'd like. Did you go to school?"

[Theron Locke] Theron raises an eyebrow as he hears Teodora tell Lukas that she is still in high school. He doesn't show any reaction though, his face remaining calm as his eyes remain on her. Perhaps he was studying her as if his mind hadn't been made up about her.

He then takes the opportunity to answer her question "I went to school myself, but it was back in New York, so I don't have any knowledge of schools in Chicago."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Closely watched?" Lukas pauses to tear meat from bone. Whether or not Teodora takes a cut of lamb, he returns the plate to the coffee table, placing it close enough to Theron that the invitation to share is implicit. "By whom?"

Theron supplies information about his schooling. Lukas nods a few times in agreement. "Same here. Some school, anyway. After my mentor accepted me for my Fostering, you could say I was homeschooled. I don't have a preference on whether or not you enroll in school, though your sister might. So you should probably talk to her about it. Mind if I ask what brings you to Chicago, though?"

[Teodora Krutova] "You guys." There's not quite a duh in it. "If you want help from someone who doesn't make people scared. That's what I mean. Well, unless there's some school that's, like, Wyrm Central, things getting torn-up there like it's an episode of that old people's show, Buffy. It'd be good to know, you know? So I thought I'd ask."

Now, Teodora's tone isn't at all sassy or exasperated. After that brief ghost-of-duhness, it's polite, inquisitive, wants to help, and she does take a slice of lamb, says thank you like she means it. Her eyes sparkle at Theron, and she says, "Bet you got good grades." Oh dear is pretty much what Jesmond would be saying about now. The sisters are different. It's not a night/day thing, but oh, it is a contrast.

Brief pause. "I just came to be with my sister. I didn't get to visit her a lot when she was at that other place."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "I don't think we have a particular school we favor for our kin," Lukas says, amused and trying, though not very hard, to hide it. "This is a young urban Sept, Teodora, and it's probably not a lot like the ones you might be familiar with. We don't really have an established hierarchy of age. Our eldest Garou are Athros, but there are only two. And a few Adrens. Mostly, we're Fosterns like myself, Cliaths like Theron, and I can't think of a single Garou over fifty. Or even forty-five. So we don't really have an established kin network, either, or young cubs, or... any of the sort of social web you might expect.

"As for Wyrm Central, there is in fact a town up north that would probably fit the bill. But Teodora, I am not inserting a purebred kin of Thunder into that high school to act as some sort of ill-conceived double agent."

Just: no.

"What other place? Her Fenrir mate's sept?"

[Teodora Krutova] =(

[Teodora Krutova] ooc: just kiddin'! that ain't the post!

[Theron Locke] Theron contains a soft chuckle at Teodora's tone, as she is asked why she is in town. Though he is soon rolling his eyes when she mentions Buffy. but it's gone a moment later.

When she mentions Theron's grade, he shrugs nonchalantly "I did okay, my dad wanted me to follow in his footsteps. But that didn't quite work out, with one thing and the other." . Yes the differences were very noticeable. Teodora definitely appeared to be the social butterfly, definitely not learning the lesson he had learnt so recently. It was not wise to wear your heart on your sleeve... or perhaps he was just misreading the young teen and this was all just a show.

[Teodora Krutova] [... And! Speeeeeaking of misreading. Manip + Subt. Don't act like you hate that Fenrir mate's guts/want that sept to sink into the ocean/are thinking about one day going to steal Ari back from the stoopid Viking wannabes!]
Dice Rolled:[ 7 d10 ] 1, 1, 6, 8, 8, 9, 9 (Success x 3 at target 6)

[vikthya] [YEAH! Eff those Fenrir! *shakes fist, goes back to lurking*]

[Teodora Krutova] [*shakes fist back, solidarity!*]

[Teodora Krutova] "Dude, I'm from Los Angeles. We don't even have a city. We just have urban sprawl and polluted sunsets and freeways. And, like. Suburbs. And Disneyland. Okay, we have some stuff. But Dusking Glory is kind've a weird place, I think. I mean, it's named for how awesome it looks just 'cos of pollution, you know? We learned about that in my local interest class.

"And ... Okay," Dora says, agreeably, when Lukas shoots down any double agent action she might be pulling, and she scrunches her nose up. "I don't really want to walk into a situation I don't think I can walk out of again, you know?"

And: Maybe it was a show. Y'know, the doe-eyes she was giving him when he answered her question. She's not quite smitten yet, but Theron's cute, and Teodora's shallow. She doesn't need a lot more than that. And Jesmond already warned her that Lukas had a mate, so.

"Yeah. I don't know if they didn't want a bunch of her family members running around or my Dad didn't want me running around. It was way weirder than any other Sept I've ever heard about. I guess it's nice that there are places where older traditions still hold sway, or whatever, though. I mean, it's nice for, like, traditionalists."

[Caleb Delacourt-Alden] ( Room for another? )

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] (ya!)

[Caleb Delacourt-Alden] Spring, or what counts for Spring, has come to Chicago. Perhaps it was more of a lingering-on of Winter with icey rain instead of snow, and cloud-coverage rather than sunshine. Still, at this time of night, what could one expect? Booted footfalls clomped softly up the stairs, belonging to either someone very small or someone used to walking quietly.

Finally a figure emerged at the top of the landing, a regal baring with light green eyes with some sort of entrancement dancing within them. It was no supernatural power, rather than uncanny allure. Draped over Caleb's arm was his overcoat, putting on display a white button-down shirt tucked into the waist of loose-fitting grey khakis. Gone were the safari-chic knee high boots, but instead a pair of sturdy hiking boots that were black leather.

A steel belt buckle with the Silver Fang glyph etched into it was centered below his navel. "Good evening."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "My sister's in L.A.," Lukas says. "We come from New York City, but," he tosses his cleaned-off bone down on the plate, "she's totally forgotten that lifestyle. I've seen her wearing capris in midwinter. White ones too.

"Did your sister get a chance to show you the ropes, tribe-wise?"

Then his eyes flick past Teodora. Lukas is sitting on the long arm of the sectional couch, relaxed, the typical platter of lamb in front of him. He's leaning back, legs akimbo, one foot on the bottom shelf of the coffee table. He raises a hand in greeting as Caleb appears.

"Caleb," he says, "meet Teodora Kr&+367;tová, Jesmond's sister. Teodora, my brother Caleb of the Silver Fangs."

[Teodora Krutova] The teenager gave Caleb a once over, because Caleb is beautiful. The slice of lamb Lukas had offered her earlier -- and it was a very, very small piece she'd lifted delicately between thumb and forefinger -- was gone, and she licked the grease from her lips before she gave the silverfang a nod of hello. Polite. "Evening," she says, and offers Caleb her hand. "It's nice to meet a brother of Lukas'. And Theron's."

And then, a perplexed look for Lukas, riding hard on some laughter - " - it's pretty cold here. I brought all my sweaters, but I don't think they're going to be enough. Show me the ropes? How do you mean?"

[Theron Locke] Theron had just been sitting quietly and listening for the past little while. Though when Lukas mentions LA and Anezka there is something that flickers over the Theurges eyes.

He turns when he hears a familiar voice "Evenin Caleb... how goes?". Remaining seated in the lounge as he greets his felllow Theurge.

[Caleb Delacourt-Alden] His own hand raised to return Lukas' greeting, but then he is being introduced to Teodora. "Bonsoir, petite. A pleasure of course," the cajun said to her as he took her hand in a gentle grip. His hand, it should be noted, was very calloused around the palms and fingers. "Brothers we are, but certainly I am the better looking of we three." A bit of a playful grin was sent towards Lukas and Theron, and then he moved to sit down in the chair he was accustomed to occupying after draping the coat over the back of it.

"Theron," he said with a nod to the man. "Hello. It goes as well as can be expected, given that I have now three elementals to entertain. Your ice-elemental you summoned has been a fine conversationalist, although I daresay that he is much dreading the oncoming season."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Caleb, I'm sure Teodora has seen better looking guys." A dry beat. "In high school."

Telegraph: JAILBAIT.

"And," he adds, picking up another lamb rib: his dinner, after all, and him hungry for it, "I meant the terms of our acquaintance, Teodora. I'm the Alpha of our tribe here, which makes you my ward, which in turn has a set of implications attached. What your responsibilities are to me, and what mine are to you. Has Jesmond talked to you at all about this?"

[Teodora Krutova] [Gasp! Are you trying to flirt-block the pretty man?! I ain't young! Percept + ... Eh, let's go with Subt?]
Dice Rolled:[ 6 d10 ] 2, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 (Success x 2 at target 6)

[Theron Locke] Theron chuckles and shakes his head "Well Caleb, I just thought you would enjoy the company, I would hate for you to feel alone. I mean it's not an inconvenience is it? Just assumed you'd be more than capable of dealing with the situation. If your not, let me know and I won't put you in that sort of position again" Theron's face remains placid, but there is mirth in his eyes.

[Teodora Krutova] "Clearly," Teodora says, nose crinkling when she smiles at Caleb (blushing), "You have not taken a good look at any high school boys." Then the theurges start talking elementals and responsibilities and Teodora smiles, wistful-smile, missing -- at least for a second -- her dad. And she says, "She told me to meet you. That's all. So I came here. I'm good to hear whatever list of rules you want to give."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "All right," Lukas says, and pauses: tear meat, chew. He eats with his hands, with a certain understated savagery. It belies the unspoken courtesy and grace of manner the Shadow Lord otherwise possesses.

Another bone hits the plate. He cleans his fingers as he says, smoothly and levelly, almost reciting by this iteration:

"First, if a Garou of another tribe takes a liking to you, you will inform me whether or not he wants to. If any Garou wants to actually claim you as ward or mate, they must come to me first. If they want to claim you as a mate, they'll have to speak to your father as well; he holds the true claim over you.

"Second, if you require protection or help, come to me. I will do everything I can to aid you, so long as it does not interfere with my duty to the War. If you get in trouble, come to me. It'll go better for all involved if I hear it from you before I hear it from whomever you may have offended.

"Finally, I expect you to offer me aid and services if I request it. I promise you: I will not make frivolous demands, nor ask of you more than you can give. So if I do ask, I mean it."

He spreads his hands. "That's it."

[Teodora Krutova] Teodora listens without interrupting, although the look that clouds her eyes when Lukas mentions of another tribe in conjunction with liking to you and ward or mate probably speaks volumes. It's an eloquent look. And it says, with all due melodrama, no way, I'd rather slit my wrists.

When he's done, she says, muted, "I hope I don't offend anyone." There's an eyelash on her cheek that she hasn't noticed yet. "And," less quiet, rallying, "That all sounds good to me! I don't mind helping."

A lot of kin wish that they could Change, for whatever godawful reason, and just want to help, help with the War, because they're (in Teodora's humble opinion) idiots. So Teodora doesn't say it all wistfully, like she can't help, oh no, not with her soft little kingirl body. She says it seriously, like she means it. Which she does, so la.

"It's kind of late. I should head out of I'm going to grab the right bus! I don't really 'have' Chicago's routes down yet. I'm totally glad I finally found you, though, Lukas sir. And it was nice meeting you two."

[Caleb Delacourt-Alden] “And I am not one to frequent many high schools,” Caleb returned easily to Lukas. He should know that Caleb wasn’t one to canoodle with underage women or Shadow Lord kinfolk. In either case, Caleb merely laughed and shook his head. “And I can venture that you aren’t one to do the same.”

Then Theron challenged his ability as a theurge. Caleb’s right eyebrow arched up sharply, a wry curve to his lips. “Certainly not,” he said with a snort. “It is certainly within my abilities to control three elementals,” and clean up the messes you make, he thought. “You may remember, I was the Keeper of the Land within this sept at one point. You may not of been here for that however.”

Turning his attention back to Teodora, he nodded politely. “Welcome to Chicago in any event, madamoiselle. I hope you will enjoy it here,” he said. “There are some aspects of the city that you may enjoy.”

[Caleb Delacourt-Alden] ( Sorry - connection issues. )

[Theron Locke] The Theurge nods and smiles wryly back at Caleb "Well I'm glad to hear it... and no unfortunately that information was unknown to me. A bit before my time, you could say."

Teron then looks towards Lukas and then back towards Teodora "Dora, it's rather late now. I don't think it would be a good idea for you to travel on the bus alone." Tilting his head to his Alpha "My car is downstairs, I could easily drive Teodora back to her sisters"

[Teodora Krutova] Teodora, having stood up, looks at Theron sidelong but doesn't add anything. She does, however, reach into her pocket and pull out a cellphone, casually scoping out the time.

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "No, it's all right." Lukas, in fact, is standing. "It sounds like you and Caleb have some stuff to hash out. I'll make sure Teodora gets on the right bus."

[i'm catching this as an excuse to bail! heading to bed soon, and also doing admin stuff!]

[Teodora Krutova] "Bye, guys," Teodora says, giving Theron one more under-the-eyelashes look and a quiet little smile. The cellphone goes back into her pocket, and she smiles easily at Lukas, eyes brushing past his eyes. "Thanks. So - " and unless Theron or Caleb say something that necessitates her pausing, she's out the door, chattering to Lukas as she goes. Mostly along the: so how long've you been here, are there many other Shadow Lords, how did you become the elder, do you mind questions, what do you think of my sister, have you been to This Chicago Landmark, was it cool.

[Caleb Delacourt-Alden] Caleb stroked a hand along his brow. "Indeed," he said with a nod towards Theron. "Much too late for a young lady to venture on a bus alone this night. I can think of no better hands to place her safety in than Lukas'." If Lukas couldn't kill it, then the majority of the sept likely couldn't either.

His attention turning back to Theron. "Mm, it is no trouble really. I have bound the ice elemental into a talen if you would like it. But what were we discussing before that attack the other night?" Caleb's brows furrow, trying to remember. "Ah, yes. Rites."

[Lukas Wyrmbreaker] "Be back in a bit, guys," Lukas says, and snags one more lamb rib on his way out. Calls, heading down the stairs, "Eat the lamb before it's ice cold!"

[thanks for scene! *lurks*]
 
Copyright Lukáš Wyrmbreaker 2010.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .