Tuesday, December 1, 2009

breakup.

[Theron Locke] Theron had been slightly preoccupied while dancing with Genevre, but she had insisted on the conclusion of their first dance that he better go deal with whatever was on

[Theron Locke] ((ignore that post ))

[Theron Locke] Theron had been slightly preoccupied while dancing with Genevre, but she had insisted on the conclusion of their first dance that he better go deal with whatever was on. When he had turned he had seen his Alpha already making his way to the exit of the night club Transit. Speeding up his walk in order to catch up with him.

The two of them had just made it out onto the pavement in front of the club, when the Theurge caught up with Lukas. "Hey Lukas, hold up.. I need to talk to you."

[Wyrmbreaker] Lukas knows Theron is following him. It doesn't make him stop or turn, though it does make him slow his step until Theron catches up. Side by side, the two Shadow Lords emerge out into the cold night, the Ahroun buttoning his coat as he goes.

When Theron speaks, Lukas smiles. "I know," he says. "What's on your mind?"

[Theron Locke] Theron watching Lukas button his coat, makes him realise just how cold it is out here. Maybe it was warmer inside...or perhaps it was someone having that affect on him.

"Needed to talk to you about my trip to SoCal" he says with a small sigh, as if the trip weighed on his mind. "I need you to know where your sister and I stand....before you get the wrong idea."

[Wyrmbreaker] It's the tone of Theron's voice more than his words that makes Lukas stop. They're perhaps twenty, thirty feet from the club entrance now. Bass is thudding through the brick walls. The line is longer now. It's past midnight; primetime for nightlife.

"Tell me," he says, simply.

[Theron Locke] He frowns and pinches his nose as he quickly plays through in his mind what he wants to say "Let's just say that I think the reality of the world has had a profound effect on both your sister and myself while we've been apart."

"In simple terms, we have come to the mutual decision that we are no longer to be mated." a sadness, a memory flickers across his eyes. "We've both had time to reflect and think about what we truely want and need in our lives. Our responsbilities."

"Since I have been here...I have seen more than a few of Chicago's warriors fall... I have come close to dying myself" he pauses. "With my responsbilities now to you, the pack and this Sept. It would be dishonorable of me to pack up and leave.. Just because I preferred to be in SoCal with your sister."

"As for your sister....we both know she was never going to move to Chicago....nor would I want her to. With kin falling to our own claws, or other dark horrors that lurk here in the alley ways. This is not the place for her. Anezka...has also decided .. that while she has feelings for me.. deep down she knew she never wanted to be mated to a Garou, she doesn't want that life for herself."

Theron sighed "Your sister and I will always care for each other.. that will never change. But anything else is just not going to work. So I am offering you back your pendant, if you feel I no longer am deserving of it."

[Wyrmbreaker] Listening, it's hard to say what Lukas is thinking. A faint frown forms as Theron speaks; other than that, there's little to give Theron any hint of his thoughts. The Ahroun's eyes are direct and unflinching -- and, for what it's worth, steady; level. Whatever Theron might have expected, it's a sort of implacable calm that faces him now. Lukas just listens.

And listens, and listens.

When Theron is finished, Lukas looks away for a moment. His frown deepens a little further. Then he looks back at the Theurge.

"Thank you for telling me immediately," is the first thing he says. "I would've thought a lot more poorly of you if I'd had to hear it from my sister."

Another silence, then, thoughtful.

"To tell you the truth," he says, slower, "I never really wanted my sister to be mated to a Garou. It's nothing against you. It's a hard life, being the mate of a Garou, and most especially one of Thunder's. We're a hard race, unforgiving of weakness, and we're ... dangerous, even to those we love. I think some part of me, maybe a large part of me, hoped that you would come to this decision. Maybe I was even trying to push you to it by separating you from Anežka -- which was dishonorable of me, but done with the best intentions for my sister.

"At the same time, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little offended on my sister's behalf. She's a good woman. A good person. She deserves utter devotion. Which is not what you've given her."

A beat.

"Or," relenting, "really, what any Garou could give a kin. Our first devotion will always be to the war."

Lukas thinks for a moment longer, and then he nods onces, as though coming to a conclusion. "Thank you," he says again, "for treating my sister honorably. As for the pendant, it's not mine anymore, nor even Anežka's. Do with it as you feel appropriate."

[Theron Locke] Now it was his turn to listen, it was almost daunting watching the calm expression of the Ahroun. The cold rage that burned inside Lukas so different to others of this Sept.

"I had hoped to tell you sooner, but I think I needed some time to work though things in my own head. I also did not want you getting the wrong idea of my dancing with Genevre... I did not want you thinking I was dishonoring her."

"I think I was trying to persuade myself that was not the case. I was living in my youth, where things were simpler and I guess I was deluding myself that they were now. That my fantasies of youth were an actual possibility. Not dishonorable...perhaps you were just being a good Alpha and trying to get your Theurges head out of the clouds" he says with a small smile.

"Yes she does at that...perhaps one day someone will be lucky enough to give her that. " a nod then "Yes I think coming here has made me realise that.. I am what I am for a reason.. it is not much choice.. but it is my responbility to fulfill my duty first and foremost."

"It was my honor to spend the time that I did with her, I am just sorry that it had to end and that it didn't start under the best circumstances....... I had thought to offer the pendant as a tribute to Maelstom to show him the cost I was willing to bear to fight for this Sept. But perhaps I will keep it, just as a memory of your sister, irrespective of where the future leads."

[Wyrmbreaker] Furrowed brow notwithstanding, Lukas's mouth quirks into a lopsided grin. "A dance is a dance, Theron. It didn't even occur to me to be suspicious or upset. Even if you hadn't recently ended it with my sister, I would've trusted you to look after your own honor.

"And -- it's yours to keep or sacrifice as you wish. I'm sure you'll do what's best in the end." Lukas starts walking again, the tilt of his head inviting Theron to follow along. "Was there anything else you needed to discuss?"

[Wyrmbreaker] (you know, you guys are welcome to play. i think the only lukas-and-theron's-private-discussion part of the convo is over!)

[snail's stick] ((I think Genevre made her impression that night *G*))

[Theron Locke] Theron just nodded in response "Thankyou for that... Even if something did happen with Genevre I would ensure I didn't bring any shame on myself, you or the pack. But we will see what happens, I am in no rush to make a commitment but I also don't fancy the life of a perpetual bachelor" a wry smile forming on his lips.

Theron does follow "Hmm.. nothing at the moment I don't think. I need to spend more time with Nikodemus , he seems rather closed-off.. so I think that's going to be a challenge. Then there is the matter of Sinclair, I've had some thoughts but I don't think I'll share them till we see what happens at the Moot."

[Wyrmbreaker] "Good. I'd like you to seek Niko out. I want the pack's input before I make any decisions."

When Sinclair is mentioned, Lukas turns to Theron. "Tell me anyway," he invites.

[Theron Locke] He just nods at the statement about Niko "Of course, I'll let you know how it goes."

His fingers go to his chin, rubbing it thoughtfully "Well I've been thinking about Sinclair and the discussion the other night in your room at the Brotherhood. I've also heard whispers saying that this is the second time something like this has happened to our packsister., is this true?"

"If so I've been thinking that regardless of whatever punishment the Sept deems to ask for, if they argue that we have been too lenient. That instead of my travelling to the Battleground Realm, that I would offer to take Sinclair on an Umbral quest.. I'm unsure yet of what realm we would strive to reach. However while her body is strong and her fighting skills unquestioned. Perhaps it is a question of strengthening her spirit...guide her onto a path of becoming more balanced in her life."

[Wyrmbreaker] "Yeah," Lukas replies, unflinching as ever from the truth, "it's the second time. I don't know the details of the first, though. You'll have to ask her.

"At least this time, I think it's as much bad luck as weakness of spirit. If I had been with her that night, I can't say that it wouldn't have been me possessed and murderous.

"Still," he looks toward Theron again, "strengthening her mind and spirit can't hurt, and I think now more than ever, Sinclair wants to ... not be alone. I think she'll welcome an opportunity to quest with a packmate. So if she wants to go, I think you should do it."

[Theron Locke] He looks thoughtful "Perhaps I will , though I think after the Moot will be a better time. Once she has received her judgement, she may have a more open mind rather than her current state."

"Hmm interesting point... maybe Sinclar needs to know that. While she may feel that it is always her, the circumstances may have been completely different."

"Well I also don't want to pressure her into something, if she feels she doesn't need it. Though I hope she would see it as an opportunity rather than as a punishment. " a few moments later though he adds "Yeah it can't hurt to make the offer, I'll approach her after the Moot and see what she has to say." he nods , a decision made.

[Wyrmbreaker] "She's your packmate," Lukas says, simply, as though it said it all.

A moment later though, he clarifies: "I think even if she didn't want to go on an Umbral quest, she won't take offense. I don't think she, or anyone else in this pack, would assume that you had anything but their best interests in mind.

"I'll tell her what I told you, though. About what she's culpable of, and what she's not. Because you're right -- I don't think anyone's actually said that to her. And someone should."

[Theron Locke] "Heh so true... I guess it's been awhile since I've had that in my life. It will take some getting used too, remaining in one place for any given length of time."

"Well that's good to know... will Kate is good at keeping us on the straight and narrow, and Sinclair recording our glory. I guess I hope to provide some spiritual council to you all."

"Please do..even if she won't listen at first. Anyway Lukas... I appreciate being able to talk to you, I will let you know how everything goes. For now though I think I'll take my leave and head off."

[Wyrmbreaker] "Theron," Lukas calls him back for a moment, waiting until the Theurge looks at him. Pale to pale, their eyes meet directly. "I'm glad to have your counsel. And I hope you stay with us a long time."

Then he smiles, suddenly. "Have a good night, Oncoming Storm. With or without that pretty kinswoman you were dancing with."
 
Copyright Lukáš Wyrmbreaker 2010.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .